We thank you for your interest in participating in the Sherbrooke Cycling Classic, an event benefitting the Cancer Research Society.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, and for the safety and security of all in mind, the Cancer Research Society has decided to cancel its Annual Cyclo-Golf Classic in 2020. Subsequently, organizers of the Cycling Classic in Sherbrooke decided to hold a “virtual” cycling challenge instead.
The Society is therefore pleased to announce the 2nd edition of the Sherbrooke Cycling Classic – “Covid-19 edition - Cancer doesn’t take a break!”
Researchers need our support more than ever.
Although Covid-19 has changed almost every aspect of the world we live in, this pandemic has not changed statistics regarding cancer, showing that in Canada, 1 out of 2 will be touched by this disease, and that every 7 minutes one person will die from it. This is why scientific research and your participation remain paramount.
* Registration Fee:
- • A registration fee (a minimum donation of $25) - will be charged upon registration. (This amount is eligible for a tax receipt)
- • In addition, we ask for you to launch a fundraising campaign for the cause in order to raise an individual goal you will set for yourself (each of your donors will receive a full tax receipt for their contribution).
- • Each registrant will receive a trendy Cycling Jersey and will be invited to participate in a Celebratory Gathering* on Friday, August 21, 2020.
*This gathering remains to be confirmed according to the instructions that will be issued at that time by Quebec Public Health.
- • Individual : Recommended fundraising goal: $150
- • Team* : fundraise as part of a group to reach a team goal
*Friendly reminder not to forget to respect Quebec Public Health guidelines for gathering and social distancing.
- • This year’s event format allows you to take on the challenge of your choice, wherever you want, on the date of your choice between August 8 and 30, 2020.
You are free to choose your circuit, your distance/ speed objectives as well as the moment to realize your challenge. In return, we will ask you to share with us the number of kilometres cycled as well as photos* of you and/or your team once your Cycling Challenge has been completed.
*Photos will be shared on the Cancer Research Society website and on our Social Media platforms.